The limelight of the show was the NYU Glee Men's Choir. They sang 12 songs non-stop. It amazing how the atuks managed to stand for more than half and hour on their feet! Since this event is specially dedicated for the alumni, it seems that everyone one of them wanted to conduct the show. There we just too many conductors for one group!
Some of my fave performance were the calypso tune sung by the men's choir entitled Bimini Bay, the jazz choir (the choir that I as hoping to join in the first place, but go rejected to join CAS), Regina Coeli and the last tune. We never really practice The Palisades and it turned out to be a sight-singing exercise for all of us. Apparently, it's the same thing for the pianist too. She played a wrong note in introduction, it was so obvious, the choir and the audience started to laugh! Including the conductor! It was so funny. The song has 3 verses and we were asked to sing just the 1st and 2nd verse. But since everyone was so excited singing, the conductor let us sing the 3rd verse, except only men sing the lyrics while the rest just go on 'oohh'. I was half way through the song when I heard this old tenor voice singing vibrato at every single sentence of the song. I could not hold it and started to laugh. It seems that other people notice that too and started to laugh with me. I could no longer sing after that.
All and all, it was a very memorable experience for me. But, what I hate the most it, at this important event, I didn't take any photos of myself or the event. How stupid is that. I need to make more friends :(
No comments:
Post a Comment