It has been almost 10 months since I've landed at Newark International Airport. And I have 10 more months to go before I graduate!! Less than a year!! Woohoo can't wait to go back home! It's hard being away from my loved ones, especially him. Last few weeks, I was looking for a cheap ticket to go back home for Winter. I know I've told myself (and everyone back home) that I'm not coming back till May next year, but I can't help from thinking about it. The ticket is freaking expensive. I should spend the money for my studies or a nice vacation here instead of a return ticket to KL. Plus, it's going to be a 3 weeks hols like the last time, not worth it! But at the same time, knowing that I can afford it (if I do some saving and work part-time), always makes me go back to cheapflights.com...Ces....
Things back home has change a lot since I left. Good things and sad things. Three of my cousins got married about a month ago, and one of them is carrying a baby! (Express siot...hehe). Sad thing, my dearest and beloved grandfather passed away early May. Never had I expected that he would leave us so soon. Although I have prepare myself mentally and emotionally for such thing, I still couldn't believe that it happened while I was away. I just wanna be able to recite surah Yassin and to kiss his forehead on his funeral....
There are so many things that I want to do (and own) when I get back next year. I plan to buy my first car, get a gym membership, redecorate my room, go for facial and massage regularly, wear braces (this is slightly embarassing though), etc...
Some of the people that I've talked to were surprised that I want to go back to Malaysia, since most of them think that NY is the ideal place to build your career. There are many people who wants to stay here after their studies to work, but not me. Obviously, I can't stay because I have a contract with the government. Other than that, although NY is the city is the place to be seen, the vibe is not quite for me. It's a little intense for my liking, especially Manhattan. It is the place for opportunity , definitely. If you have the talent, you'll definitely be noticed. But for me, I want to be able to share my knowledge and experience, and to contribute towards the country's development. Malaysia has a lot of talented and qualified people but sadly, most of them choose to work in other countries (a doctor in the UK, sound engineer in the US, lawyer in Australia). Pastu, yang tinggal kat Malaysia cuma the ones yg tak dapat peluang untuk tengok dunia luar, and end up having 1-dimensional mentality. Then again, I can't really blame the ones who works abroad, because they couldn't get equal opportunity back home. Poor thing. Seriously, the mentality of Malaysians have to change. Get your act together and stop quarreling for God's sake! And one more thing, sudah2 la meniru orang lain. Find your own identity and be good at it.
I will never stop counting the days till I leave NY for good...
No comments:
Post a Comment