Hello!
I just revealed my 'anonymous blog' to some close friends of mine hehe. One of them asked if I could talk more about my insurance plan since I mentioned it in my previous post.
Well, I'm with Prudential right now. Before this, I had taken a plan with ING, which is kononnya collaborated with Public Bank. But that plan was only for ward pay or something like that. Received a call and hastily took the offer from the telemarketer. Oh how naive I was! There was not even a medical card! I never use that for fearing that it is not valid. I had it terminated and the frustrating thing is I did not get anything back, not a single cent! Kononnya apa benda la. Ada la dalam RM1000+ rugi macam tu je. So guys, do not ever buy an insurance plan from a telemarketer. There must be an official insurance agent from a respectable insurance company.
Since having Khadeeja, I planned to get her a medical card and for myself as well. Luckily, I had a cousin who works with Prudential. So lega la sikit sebab ada orang yang kita kenal dan trust. Called her to the house and had her explain things. Of course the policy was panjang lebar but from what I understood is that I am fully covered If I get warded for at least 6 hours. Kadang2 boleh dapat check extra lagi, macam mana? I don't even remember. I had to make sure that the plan that I get suits my budget so this is what my cousin suggested: RM170 for me and RM130 for the baby (she has her own medical card). Kopak la sikit bulan2 tapi tak rugi as the money is being kept safely there. So even if I don't use the plan and want to terminate it in the future, I'll still get some although not full amount. Initially my cousin offered the plan with a clinic card but I didn't take that as I'm covered under my panel clinic, so what I pay monthly goes straight to the hospital bills and some savings.
Until now, I have not used the plan yet. Went to a private hospital twice for consultation but I paid on my own. Being a government servant, I'm lucky to have the kemudahan to get service at the government hospitals but having another option is never a waste. You don't know what will happen to you so for me it's best that I have both. Currently, my sister, my daughter and I are on the plan. Will persuade my husband to take the plan once he's ready. Kalau kerja swasta lagi2 la kena ada insurance plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment