Heloooo!!
I just got back from my hometown with my fiance tagging along. What a lovely weekend ;) We went back on last Thursday by bus, took the Transnasional as that is the only bus I'm comfortable with.
We reached Alor Setar at about 4.30pm and my parents picked us up at the bus station. Mommy was so excited she made apple crumble for tea :) Yummy. That night we went for dinner at the famous nasi kandar in town, Nasi Royale. Sayang enjoyed it so much that he planned to bring his family there some time. After dinner, we went to surprise my cousin at her new house in Taman Dahlia. It was a cute little corner house. I really wanted to see my niece but she was asleep when we arrived. Luckily we made some noises it woke her up!
The next day, we woke up early and went to the wet market. Parents invited some relatives over for lunch. I was so excited as I get to see my favorite nieces, Xandra, Iris, and Qaseh. Usually I would help out my mom at the kitchen whenever I'm home, but because Sayang was around, I had to entertain him. Mommy made delicious fish curry, rosemary roasted chicken, seafood kerabu, and strawberry triffle (or truffle..not sure of the spelling). Lunch was so good that all of us took a long afternoon nap after that.
Slightly before dinner, we went around town to look for budget hotels to accommodate family and friends for the wedding. There are 3 hotels that are close to my house, Zen Hotel, JP Motel and ZMH Motel. Zen Hotel has the best design and facilities as well as the cheapest rate! The hotel doesn't even look like a budget hotel, it's almost like a 3-star hotel.
After dinner, Sayang wanted me to take him around town. I told him that Alor Setar is not a very 'happening' place but he insisted that we give it a go. I haven't been driving in my hometown for a very long time so it was a challenge to drive my dad's Hyundai Matrix in town at night. For some reason, the street lights were off because apparently the state wanted to 'save electricity'. Wtf?? We passed by Stadium Darulaman and saw some sort of pasar malam going on so we stopped by. It was more like a flea market as only 'bundle stuff' are sold. I wanted to bring him to my favorite hang out place, Gemilang Burger after that but we passed by Menara Alor Setar and saw a live band performance. Sayang then made a comment on my previous statement, he said," Sapa kata Alor Setar tak happening?". I told him that whenever I went back to A. Setar, I spend most of my time at home cuz I've no friends to hang out with. Poor me.
On Saturday, we started our day by going to Royal Kedah Club to check out the hall for our wedding. It is a really nice hall. The Club was kind enough to provide us with whatever we need for the event. Next, we checked out a bridal place called Tar Tera Bridal at Jalan Stadium for the pelamin and hall deco. The owner was nice enough to listen to my ideas and gave some suggestions. Luckily, we both envision the same idea and concept and I was very happy. It's really hard to find an up-to-date pelamin deco in Alor Setar, so it was a good catch. At the end of our discussion, he told us that today the place was supposed to be closed as it was his birthday. So we were very lucky as he was kind enough to even entertain us! Our present end up being his birthday present!
I'm so glad that I got that part settled for the wedding. I have yet to do fitting for my reception dress, order invitation card, wedding cake, confirm make up artist, and prepare hantaran. so wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment