Done:
1. Sent materials out to tailor for his suit and baju Melayu.
2. Got a reasonable band for the reception. Huge thanks to Rizal Tony for 'persuading' a bunch of students to play for me. Oh, did I mention that I had picked out a few kids previously but they were asking for a payment as if I'm doing a 3-day Jom Heboh carnival? No? OK. Allow me to rant.
I had approach a very good student to play for my wedding. So, I've talked to him about how many musicians I want and the instruments. I picked him out personally because 1) he's very good, and 2) we came from the same 'kampung' (so that I won't have to provide accomodation for the band, everyone can crash at his place). He told me that it would be okay until he asked me about the payment. Me being naive, initially thought that a 'small' token would be sufficient and appreciated. I mean, c'mon, you got invited to 'your teacher's wedding', now that's a huge opportunity. You should be honored.
But when I told him how much I was willing to offer, apparently he said that it's too little, and they wanted more. After some discussion and consideration, they were willing to reduce the price, but it was still way out of my budget. I can't really blame them because they're somewhat 'professional'. But can't you do a favor for a teacher.....? It's not like I expect them to play for free.
Luckily, I managed to talk to a colleague about it and he gave some suggestions. He managed to 'talk' to several other students about it and they were willing to do it, with a price much lower than I intended. Alhamdulillah....I owe him big time.
June is coming and according to my plan, I need to sort out some papers for the wedding, such as borang nikah, HIV test, kadi, etc.
Nak kahwin susah zaman skang ni...
No comments:
Post a Comment