Sunday, August 18, 2013

Taking Care of a Sick Baby

Hello, first of all Selamat Hari Raya to everyone! It's already a week post-raya but I believe everyone is still in raya mood. But of course, for some of us life has gone back to normal.

Khadeeja has been falling sick almost every month now. Since becoming a mommy, I definitely cannot use my annual leave sesuka hati anymore. All my leaves now are used for emergency leave, that is when the baby gets sick. I can't sleep right now although I'm terribly tired. I'm monitoring my baby's temperature due to fever. She has been catching a cold for a few days and that had bothered me as well as she's supposed to back to the daycare next week after 2 weeks of raya break! And on the day before she goes back, fever-friend came to visit.

And now I'm worried sick about work in the next few days. Obviously, I would have to take some days off to look after Khadeeja. That is not a problem. The problem is my next few days is filled up with classes, and how I dread replacing classes. To make it worse, I still owe my students with some replacement classes from the last month! Talk about being a teaching faculty! At times like these I wish I was just a clerk, or doctor, or whatever position that can be replaced by someone else whenever I'm not around.

Oh well, this is what you have to face when becoming a mommy I guess. I freaked out a little this time as her cousin, Zahra, has just been discharged from the hospital due to fever. So, when Khadeeja got sick, I had to take the preventive measure and took her straight to the hospital. We went to Sunway Medical Center as that is the nearest to the house. Well for now the doctor said that it's just normal fever and she should recover in a few days time. Let's just hope so. Until then, my students will probably be the happiest bunch as they don't have to get up early tomorrow.

No comments: