It started off when she had her first fever about a month plus ago. After picking her up at the daycare her body felt rather warm. Thinking that it was the warm weather I put my concern aside. Only after her nap in a room with A/C that I realized that she might have fever. After googling some info on how to handle feverish baby, I took off her clothes, gave her a warm bath and put "Kool Fever" sticker on her head while patiently waiting for her daddy to come home.
That night, she could't sleep. She was crying all night and daddy started to become impatient I had to bring her to the living room and my brother's room which was empty to soothe her. She did not want to drink her milk which made me more worried. Only after Subuh that she started to calm down and slept on my chest. I had to take a leave the next day, my husband and I took her to the clinic. She had some red spots on her cheeks and me thinking it was mosquito bites. Then the doctor told us that she had chicken pox. Oh my God! I freaked out. She was not supposed to get chicken pox yet as the vaccine for that is available when she is 12 months. But the doctor said it could happen to younger babies. Luckily, my husband was no longer working and was waiting for an interview for a new job so he could be at home to take care of her. I, on the other hand went to work as normal. So she skipped the daycare center for 2 weeks.
Several days after her chicken pox became scabby-ish, there are dry spots started to appear on her body. Looks almost like 'panau/kulat'. We took her to the same clinic but the doctor said that it's part of the recovery process. But my mommy instinct told me differently as I know how the chicken pox scars looks like, and this was different. So we went to another clinic, a child specialist, and by this time Manja had runny nose. The doctor told us that it might be eczema so prescribed some lotion. That God the lotion works! The spots went of after several days. But her runny nose hasn't.
During this time I went to work as normal and sent her to the daycare. Daddy also has started his new job. Her nanny often told me that she is always 'merengek' and crying due to her stuffy and runny nose. She could n't take a nap during the day. After several days of merengek I had to take an EL, just to make sure that she could take her meds on time, wiped her nose every now and then, before sending her back to the daycare. And guess what? that afternoon, she had diarrhea. Oh Lord. So I had to take another day of leave the next day.
She was poo-poo-ing all the time and I was worried that she might be dehydrated. But after consulting with a cousin-doctor, she told me that there is no need to bring her to the clinic unless she became tired and inactive. So the next day, I went to work as usual, warning her nanny about her condition. At 12 o'clock her nanny called telling me that her nappy area became so red and her poo-poo looked 'different'. So I rushed to pick her up and bring her to the clinic (child specialist). The doc gave some meds and told me that her condition will get better over the weekend.
Then came Monday. Sent her to the daycare as usual, with her diarrhea and runny nose. Came Wednesday her condition was still not making any progress so I had to leave work early and brought her home. By this time I was already so stressed out whether to go for work the next day. I couldn't send her to her nanny as that would be troublesome for her, and Manja would not be looked after carefully. But at the same time, I've got some classes and can't afford to do more replacements. But, 'anak' came first so again took a leave. I felt so guilty for leaving work for so many days but my mom said that it's going to be like this till she's grown up and your boss should understand that. Tawakkal aje la.
Alhamdulillah she started to poo-poo less over the weekend, no more nappy rash. Then on Friday (Nuzul Quran) her temperature went up again. Aduh!!! Turned out that she's teething. Immediately when to the doctor for some meds. Thank God her recovery was fast. On Sunday she's all active, no more runny nose and fever and mommy hopes it stays that way. Dahla nak Raya ni. Today she's back at the daycare and I hope she stays that way for a very long time...
No comments:
Post a Comment