Monday, April 25, 2011

On a Rainy Monday Afternoon

I'm mentally prepared for my trip to Sarawak tomorrow. I repeat, MENTALLY. I'm going to Sarawak with two other colleagues for our very first government-funded research about music in Kaul Festival. It wasn't our intention to apply for this fund but we were forced by our superiors to apply so that if ever we get it, our faculty is going to get marks for it. Luckily, among all of the old-timers (including the superiors) of research and the newbies that had applied, our topic was chosen and we were funded. Just so you know, we are the newbies.

So as off yesterday, I've only managed to pre-pack a.k.a randomly dumping stuff into a suitcase and let me tell you that I'm a very bad last-minute packer. I can never start packing on the night before I leave with the exception on toiletries and such. The most comfortable period for me to start packing is 2 days before leaving. Hopefully, I don't have to pull an all-nighter tonight.

Because it is government-funded, there were a lot of procedures that we had to go through, not to mention a lot of forms to fill in. Luckily I wasn't the project leader so I didn't really have to deal with all that. We were warned by our mentor to get the paperwork ready way beforehand, which we did, because I guess everybody knows how efficient it is to deal with "government procedures". But, until today, one of the most important thing that we need to get for this trip (an A/V recorder) is still beyond reach, some approval problem. That got us really pissed and demotivated because we have sent all the documents needed for more than a month before.
Luckily my brother owned a videocam, so we're gonna use that for our trip. Sheesssshh.

Other than that, we're pretty much pumped for this trip and hopefully we'll get as much info as we need to make this research a success. Personally, I'm more pumped about getting away from work for good 7 days, not to mention paid accommodation and food. Our mentor said that it's like a free vacation, so enjoy it while you can!

No comments: