I'm not the most crafty person ever but I do think that I'm crafty enough to do my own hantaran. Initially, I wanted to have a very masculine color theme, maybe grey + black, or rich dark purple. But my mom is so against black and more into pastel colors. We went to a hantaran shop to get flowers and such in Masjid India but I couldn't decide on what colors to choose. Plus, my mom was being very specific about the type of materials that the flowers are made of, which makes the option very small. So we bought a black and white rubber roses, ribbons, and some flower fillers. I had to choose black roses as it was the only color that 'looked' masculine.
My mom has this glass dulang with kaki, which we're going to use for my hantaran. However, the dulang is very heavy so we didn't want the groom's family to bring any of them back. So we decided to put the hantaran stuff in a box, which is then put on top of the dulang. The boxes come in different sizes and shapes, which my parents got from a store called SSF. It has this 'English' theme going on and very feminine. I was very concerned about the whole 'look' of the hantaran but I agreed anyway.
Last week, we went and bought some 'alas' for the dulang. They are creamed-colored beaded cloth made from organza. Very pretty on its own. But when combined with the boxes and the dulang, according to my mom the whole look is kinda weird. So right now, I'm worried. I definitely feel that there's no need to send them out to a hantaran designer but I desperately need a solution for this. How to make use of what we had bought and make it work. The whole look has to be somewhat masculine, as they are going to be given to the groom. Hmmph.
2 comments:
tunjuklah the different stuff... then boleh la kasi idea!! hehe.. hari tu my friend's hantaran pun black, gold, white, and it didn't look too bad! :)
for the moment, it looks too 'pucat'. so tgh cari jalan nak spice it up a little.
Post a Comment