Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tying The Knot Pt. 3

March is going to be a busy week for me. Busy with office stuff as well as wedding prep. So here goes the list of my wedding prep:

1. Send materials for tailoring for reception wedding dress (yes, it's gonna be a dress!)
2. Send materials for tailoring for akad nikah baju kurung.
3. Find photographer/s.
4. Find make-up artist/s.

First step is done. My reception wedding dress is designed by Firdaus (Asst. designer) at Syahrir Nurdin. I found this boutique by coincidence. I stepped into the place and was immediately charmed by the warm smile and hospitality. When the quotation was mentioned I was a little discouraged as it was quite pricey (or so I thought). But since I'm too busy to look around for other designers and I reckon that those who are more "well-known" would charge much higher, I decided to send it to him anyway. So, it's gonna be a simple long-sleeve off-white dress made with lace (I don't know what type of lace) and satin lining.

Tomorrow I plan to send my akad nikah material to DeZaine in Ampang. I tried on a baju kurung moden on my first visit and it fitted perfectly. So, I'm thinking of sticking to the same design but using my own material (white chiffon and satin lining).

As for photography, I've been contacting some KL-based photographers (Fad Manaf, Candid Syndrome, Pretty Peektures) by e-mails and have yet to receive responds. It's kinda annoying when they display their e-mails on websites and yet take forever to reply! Only after I made a phone call to Fad Manaf that he gave me the quotations. My worry is since I'm having the wedding in Kedah, I have to pay extra for the mileage and accommodation of the photographers. Hmmph...FYI, I'm not happy with the standard of photography by Kedah-based photographers. Talk about picky ;P

Looking for a good yet affordable make-up artist is the biggest challenge ever. So far, I'm not satisfied with the ones in Kedah, and my plan is to hire someone who is based in KL. But, same as the above I'm gonna have to pay extra for the accommodation and mileage. And, since the wedding is gonna be held during the week of raya, it's gonna be a challenge to even get someone to go to Kedah. It would be great to get someone who will spend his/her raya in Kedah or Penang, but they're reputable KL-based make-up artist. Any recommendations?

Looking at all these things, I'm a little worried as this month I'm also gonna be busy with weekends and outstation jobs, I hope I can get all these things done. Pray for me.

1 comment:

cranberry said...

I'm super-frustrated with DeZaine cuz they charge so high for sewing (own material). I ain't paying RM950 for it!! Gonna find another tailor.