For the next 7 months, I'm gonna turn this blog into a 'wedding blog', since I still need 'this place' to rant. It's supposed to be 'random', right? ;) So, here's part uno.
I just got back from Kedah, where I spent 3 days over there after my engagement day. It was supposed to be a vacation week for me, but I end up doing more 'work' than the usual. It all started when I decided to check out some wedding planners in Alor Setar. Of course, initially, I didn't know where to start, but thanks to some friends, I managed to check out a few.
1. G-Glamour
The name is a little tacky (a lot, actually), but what do you expect from a company that is based in Kedah and serve within the area? I only wanted to look for make-up, hair, and a pelamin. The price for make-up is for RM200 (which is cheap) but it's not up to my standard. Plus, you have to go to the salon to get yourself done. Come on, which bride-to-be wants to actually go to a salon ON their wedding day?? I mean, you wanna be treated like a queen and just let the 'dayang' comes to you instead, right? Though I know some people don't mind it.
For pelamin, the price for a 'pelamin dewan' starts at RM2000, with fresh flowers. But, even if the customer provides the fresh flower, the price still remains. Err...isn't it supposed to be cheaper??? The pelamin designs are rather outdated anyway. Everything about this place is tacky. They have wedding attires in whatever-color-you-name-it.
2. Kamarul & Yani
A nice little store with nice staffs. Make up and price are rather decent but I didn't see anybody in their portfolio that doesn't wear a tudung. So, I doubt that they know how to do the kinda hairdo that I want. Pelamin is kinda cheap ('pelamin rumah' starts at RM600 and 'pelamin dewan' starts at RM1500) but the design is wayyyy too outdated. The staffs, although their nice and all, do not know much about make up products. Too bad.
3. Romzy Studio
Located in Tesco, but apparently they have a few branches, as far as Parit Buntar. They're pretty up-to-date with the pelamin design as they refer to Ratu Sehari magazine quite a bit. The discussion with the staff went quite well until she insisted us on a RM1000 deposit just for the date reservation. The pelamin design that I wanted was supposed to be around RM2000, but the staff said that 'tauke' might 'add more things' which can cost up to RM50k. What kind of marketing is that?? In business, you want to offer the best price for your customer, not by saying that "by the way, you might have to pay more." Although we filled the booking form halfway, we just left without paying anything.
4. Bernard, Sg. Petani
This guy has a lot of experience in the business. He also travels a lot and keeps up with the latest trends. The cool thing is, he knows so much, so we practically speak the same language.But, the thing that I can't stand with this guy is that he's a little cocky, knowing that he has a reputation among the VIPs in Kedah. And he keeps insisting that he's so-called 'taste' is so much higher than the average Kedahan. Thank God I walked in with a Coach handbag (so does my mum) which he initially thought was Gucci. We acted as if we know more than he does so that dia tak kenakan kita sembarangan. The pelamin starts at RM5000 which is so beyond our budget. In fact, I think it is much cheaper in KL for the same design that I wanted. At least, he did not make us pay for any deposit whatsoever.
At the end of the day, I decided that I won't be having any pelamin for my wedding because it is not worth paying thousands of RM to someone else and for it to be used for only a couple of hours. I'd rather spent those RM for a nice designer handbag (for myself), or my honeymoon instead. It's not like I can keep the pelamin for myself no matter how much I pay for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment