Saturday, October 11, 2008

My First Opera Show

Last night, I went to watch Don Giovanni at The Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center. The opera house is amazingly beautiful! Snapped a few photos of the place. 

I bought the ticket last month from NYU Ticket Central. So, basically it's a student price ticket. Our seats were on the 3rd floor. Maklumla, tiket murah. But lucky for us, nothing obstructed our view of the stage (except we can't see the orchestra pit). 

They started the show at about 5 mins after 8pm. The whole show lasted for about 3 1/2 hours plus 15 mins intermission. It's a pretty damn long show. By Act 2, I was already yawning like mad. Anyhow, it was an interesting experience. I wouldn't mind going for some more opera shows in the future. 

By the end of the show, I made a few conclusions. First, if Don Giovanni still exist in today's world, he is a freaking 'perogol bersiri' and a 'sex addict' (maybe the other way around). He should either go to jail or rehab. He slept with hundreds of women from Italy, Germany, French and Turkey. Second, the good thing about him is he doesn't discriminate. He seduced basically anything in skirts. Fat, thin, blondes, brunettes, young, old, rich, poor, nobles, maids....and the list goes on. Third, women those days are so damn 'easy' (and stupid). He just need to compliment their eyes and lips, that's it. Lastly, Mozart is 'freaking genius' that the only thing that can bring Don Giovanni down is a freaking ghost! Hehehe 

Wait for my second opera show review ;)


 

No comments: