Hello!
Throughout my married life, Mr. D and I rarely go for vacation. We made plans before we got married to go somewhere once a year but there were some difficulties in terms of money, time, family and so on. Our first vacation (just the two of us then) was back in 2011. We went to his hometown in Kluang and stopped by Melaka on the way back. It was a very short trip over a public holiday weekend. We were on a super-tight budget so we didn't spend much, in fact spent on any luxuries. The money was spent on budget hotel, fuel, and food. I remembered being 'berbelah bagi" on whether to have fun or felt really kesian for us. So I made a promise to myself that for our next vacation, we will start putting some money aside so that we can really enjoy our next vacation.
Alhamdullilah, with Mr. D's side business doing well, we managed to save a bit more for family vacation. So recently, after a few months of planning we went to Cameron Highland. Why Cameron? Because we didn't want to go anywhere that requires a long drive considering Khadeeja will be with us. I haven't been to Cameron Highland in a very long time, and the place has changed so much. Firstly, it was not as cold as before and secondly, there were too many tourists. Even on the weekdays! Everywhere we went they were people all around.
We stayed at Hotel De' La Ferns. It's about 5 minutes away from Tanah Rata. I like it that it's not right smack in the town so it's very cosy and quiet. On the first night, we went for a steamboat dinner right next to the hotel. It was RM23 per head but the portion was huge! Luckily Khadeeja behaved so well during dinner so all of us gets to eat properly. After dinner we took a short drove around town then went back to the hotel.
I got up early the next morning as I have a hard time sleeping at a new place (as usual). Khadeeja woke up early as well and she was so excited! After breakfast at the hotel we went to a butterfly farm. After that, we wanted to go to Boh plantation but found out it's closed on Monday! Oh no. Dahla to get there you had to go through jalan kecik yang berbengkang bengkok! At the turning, we saw a huge signage that says 'Strawberry Farm' so we took that road. Now getting there is so much scarier and the road is so narrow and winding. The place is situated almost at the peak of mount Brinchang as it is somewhat secluded. So we took some photos and the farm worker were so 'insisting' to take it for us. I feel kesian as there are not many visitors so asked Mr D to pick some strawberries and to give him RM10 upah. On the way down we stopped by the road side and took more beautiful photos of the tea plantation. The view was breathtaking.
We had lunch at a banana leaf place in Tanah Rata. While having lunch an older couple sat next to us and started chatting with Khadeeja. There were locals. They were such lovely couples I couldn't resist paying for their food. Oh well, the pakcik only had teh tarik after all hahaha. They suggested for us to go to Bharat Tea Plantation since Boh was closed. Because it was raining, we went back to the hotel for Khadeeja to nap.
At about 5pm we headed to Bharat Tea. I wanted to have some scones so bad (macamla takde scones kat KL ni) but hey, a trip to Cameron Highland is not be completed without having scones at the tea plantations ok. THank God they're opened. So we sat down for couple minutes till they closed at 6pm. Head back to Tanah Rata for dinner. Well I wanted to have more steamboat but Mr. D wanted some western food. THe food was disappointing, dahla mahal!
On our last day, I insisted on going to the Boh Tea plantation. Told Mr.D that rugila datang jauh2 tak pergi. Bukan selalu datang Cameron. Honestly, it'll take me a few years to go back there as I cannot stand the winding road. So we went up the hill again. Surprisingly there we so many people at the Tea Center I can't imagine what it's like during school holidays! Confirm dah macam sardin! We bought some flavored teas to give to family and friends.
On the way back, we stopped by at Kea Farm to borong some vegetables. As Khadeeja was sleepy and it was going to rain, I went alone. Got this pucuk labu (that I'd been craving since my last trip here) for RM5, bought a pumpkin, some strawberries and jagung bakar. I wanted to borong the raw jagung but dah tak cukup tangan nak angkat barang hahah! Jeles tengok makcik2 kat situ borong berplastik2!
Alhamdulillah this vacation went smoothly. Khadeeja pun dah pandai behave so managing her is so much easier compared to our trip to Penang last time. So next would be some island vacation kot hehe
No comments:
Post a Comment