Sunday, October 16, 2011

MaYa: Gong Illusions

Heyya!!

I've been rambling about having rehearsals, yada yada yada...but I've never actually mention what it's for! So starting this 20th until 23rd of October, there will be a gamelan theater production by Rhythm in Bronze (a "Malaysian" gamelan music group) called MaYa: Gong Illusions. This concert will be held at Shantanand Auditorium at Temple of Fine Arts in Brickfields, KL. Please check the link below for further details on ticketing/seats/location/etc.

http://www.ticketpro.com.my/jnp/theatre/dance/729382-maya-gong-illusions.html

It's happening this week, so hurry grab your tickets now!

If you're wondering what kinda performance is this, lemme just explain a bit about it in my own words. So basically, it's a music performance with the main focus on contemporary gamelan music. What is contemporary gamelan? I'm sure you've heard the word gamelan before. It's a traditional music ensemble that is originally played at the palace (long time ago) but now is commonly heard during local university graduation day. Rhythm in Bronze (RiB) has taken a different direction with the gamelan and play contemporary compositions written for the gamelan.

For this concert, you will not only see a bunch of musician playing the instruments. There will be dance, visual art, stories and others elements of performing arts hence it's called gamelan theater production. We will be collaborating with some of outstanding local musicians namely, Batteryheadz Percussion, bassist Zailan Razak, singer-songwriter Reza Salleh (I know girls, drool) and many others. So it's definitely a performance not to miss. Grab your tickets now!

No comments: