So I graduated, but I'm not fully done with school yet as I have to finalize my thesis. I had my presentation yesterday and it didn't go so well. I was having a hard time focusing on the preparation as I was busy with other obligations (tours, family, gigs, graduation). I felt like I did so much better during the trial presentation in Colloquy class.
I wasn't expecting it to be that hard especially during the Q&A session because I thought I had it in the bag. Plus, Chris always told me that last semester defense was easy. It turned out that I spoke for only 10 minutes when the time that was given to me was 20 minutes. I rehearsed at home and it usually takes about 18 minutes. I guess I was nervous and end up speaking very fast. I also noticed that my sentences were all over the place. I couldn't really articulate anything. How come it seems so easy when other people does it?
During the Q&A, my advisor had so many questions for me that I couldn't even answer. I felt so stupid and embarrassed. I welcomed the comments and critics but knowing that I didn't utilize my time well enough during the presentation and wasn't critical enough with my research really made me feel worthless. Now, I have to make major changes with my analysis and I don't have enough time for it. Sigh...
I'm writing this to get it out of my chest. I've been feeling sad and worried that I'm gonna fail although I've already graduated.
No comments:
Post a Comment